The artistic self development adventure of Amit Dutta aka Monkeybread who, having chucked all caution to the wind, quit his job and only source of income for 3 months, embarks on a daring adventure full of travails, teachings and tantrums while striving towards the ultimate prize: becoming an Awesome Artist.

The Quest: To become an Awesome..er artist
The Deadline: 89 Days-ish
The Risk: Returns to job penniless and soul-destroyed with suckiness intact. Should be a laugh

Thursday 21 February 2013

Day 85-83

Well, I haven't really posted much in the last few days, not because I haven't been doing much, but because I'm coming to the realisation that posting the way I have been with a concise-ish theme to the post and honing it for readership, as well as having some nice work to show, is not going to work.

I kinda spend more time setting up posts than I think I should and is pretty much unsustainable especially if I'm to post work every day or so. 
I've also found that the schedule I have set for myself is actually pretty hard to stick to. Not so much in terms of the number of hours, but because I am a hideous procrastinator when I have self-scheduled stuff to do. I seem to need externally generated deadlines, or just work on what I want at the time. It's a bit worrying but I figure this is an experiment so I'm going to try and shift things around a bit so I'm a bit less stressed about not hitting exactly what was scheduled.

So, this is the first day of the new regime. To coincide with my more random nature, I will be posting whatever I do during the day...wips, sketches, finished pieces and the total rubbish...No holds barred...and not much blabbing either.  

Study from weekend not posted
Horned Lizard Study






















19-21/02
Morning Warm-up Sketch






















Arm Anatomy study and practice































WIP Character designs















Sketch playing for a Tomb Raider competition
I might enter























































Morning Warm- up and Style Test







































Got another couple of things in the works besides the Wips but will post those next time. There done.

4 comments:

  1. Come on Amit, you got really good at prioritising, meeting deadlines and being self motivated (at work). I know you can do it if you put your mind to it! The stuff you have posted so far looks great, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tallyman! I didn't mean to sound like I thought I couldn't do it. I just need a bit of re-arranging to suit my working style better; I think I've got a strategy... :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Amit, no update this week. How is the pursuit of Awesomeness going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tallyman, I developed a swelling on my right shoulderblade last week around a previous condition that turned out to be an infection and has basically made doing everything using or connected to my back painful as heck. That and the mild fever from the infection have meant anything I've painted has either been rubbish or done through a string of winces and grimaces. I gave up trying 4 days ago.
      I'm so disappointed, as this is of course the best possible timing for something like this. I finally got some antibiotics which seem to be kicking in so I will try painting again tomorrow.
      Thanks for the prod!

      Delete