The artistic self development adventure of Amit Dutta aka Monkeybread who, having chucked all caution to the wind, quit his job and only source of income for 3 months, embarks on a daring adventure full of travails, teachings and tantrums while striving towards the ultimate prize: becoming an Awesome Artist.

The Quest: To become an Awesome..er artist
The Deadline: 89 Days-ish
The Risk: Returns to job penniless and soul-destroyed with suckiness intact. Should be a laugh

Saturday 2 March 2013

A hiatus in a sabbatical

Hello!  I'm sure some of you may be wondering why I've been slacking off with the posts.  
Well over the last week I have been unexpectedly walloped with an infection on my back details of which the less said the better.  

I have basically been feverish, dizzy and in quite a bit of pain that being localised on my back means almost everything involving upper body movement is affected. I tried painting through the haze but it was pointless. I decided to give it up and wait for the antibiotics to kick in and work....slowly...very slowly.

Today was the first day in at least 7 that I was able to paint anything; A self portrait (of sorts) and it took me forever, through winces and grimaces. 

I learned two things. 

One: I got incredibly annoyed having to look at my own face for so long. 
Two: Likenesses are hard, even when it's your own ugly mug. 

Come to think of it the growth is probably more accurate than my face is.


Say hello to my little friend


1 comment:

  1. Sounds awful, glad to hear you are feeling (a bit) better. Why is it that whenever hard working folks take a break from work our over tired bodies decide to take a break from being well?

    ReplyDelete