The artistic self development adventure of Amit Dutta aka Monkeybread who, having chucked all caution to the wind, quit his job and only source of income for 3 months, embarks on a daring adventure full of travails, teachings and tantrums while striving towards the ultimate prize: becoming an Awesome Artist.

The Quest: To become an Awesome..er artist
The Deadline: 89 Days-ish
The Risk: Returns to job penniless and soul-destroyed with suckiness intact. Should be a laugh

Sunday 17 February 2013

Day 85 : Streams

This weekend and next are probably the most social of my 3 month hermitage. I didn't actually get a whole lot done art wise for my liking, but I did achieve a few things which might make things a bit more interesting.

I finally managed to get my own Livestream channel working. Livestream is a website where anyone can setup a streaming media channel for free. Many artists use it to stream their desktops live while they work so people can come and have a look at their process, ask questions or just have a good old chat and hangout for a bit. 

Below is the 3.5hr stream condensed down to about 5 and a half minutes. Sorry for the annoying windows popping up all the time, I recorded with only the laptop; future ones will be dual monitor so only the painting will be captured. 




I finished the piece offline and the final result is below.

A stream from a stream
Besides the sketchathon I don't often view other people's streams because, well I've got too much I need to do on my own painting to hang about watching other people paint but I can see how it could be really inspiring watching amazing work come together in real time.

Speaking of sketchathons, here is a collage of some of the stuff from the most recent one last night/early this morning. I seem to be staying up for these later and later each time. 10.30pm - 5.30am and up by 9.30am again.

Skull Island













Asian inspired Palace Entrance


























Ferrari inspired Mech



Female assassin (yep female: total fail on my part)














And completely against my better judgement I will publish the last one as well: 

Crackhead Vs. Dinosa










Ok so maybe not every round is inspired, but it certainly is a challenge and we paint for up to 12 hours straight. Gimme a break.

1 comment: